One of the simplest ways to make sure you eat healthy is to always have an abundance of easy meals on hand. Keep meal prepping fun by subbing in new recipes to avoid lunchtime boredom.
Take this spin on a classic salad. SImple and filling, this Avocado Kale Salad uses avocado as the base to provide a creamy dressing and a rich flavor. Make a batch today and bring it to lunch for the next fews days. Spice it up by adding protein and nuts for a filling bite that will keep you satisfied until snack time.
- 1 bunch kale, stemmed and finely chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon reduced Braggs Coconut Amino Acids
- 1 tablespoon Braggs Coconut Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast (or parmesan)
Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl. Use your hands or the back of a large spoon to thoroughly mash avocado into kale. Set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving to allow kale to soften.
Feel free to make this salad your own by adding in nuts, chopped fruit, grilled chicken or salmon.