No matter how many stairs you master or how much iron you pump; turf workouts can still directly affect your exercise routine like nothing else. You can develop quick power, get an intense cardio session in and tone muscle quickly in all the open space the turf provides. Try the following turf workout to build quick muscle, burn fat and #becomeyourelite.
Competing for the challenge? Remember to post you completing the workout by Sunday (Sept 27) to gain points towards the challenge.
Cardio Core Challenge on the Turf
Triceps Dips on Box
- With box perpendicular to your body, and while looking away from it, hold on to the box on its edge with the hands fully extended, separated at shoulder width. The legsextended forward, bent at the waist and perpendicular to your torso.
- Slowly lower your body as you inhale by bending at the elbows until you lower yourself far enough to where there is an angle slightly smaller than 90 degrees between the upper arm and the forearm. Tip: Keep the elbows as close as possible throughout the movement. Forearms should always be pointing down.
- Using your triceps to bring your torso up again, lift yourself back to the starting position.
- Hold a medine ball with both hands and stand with your feet at shoulder width. This will be your starting position.
- Initiate the countermovement by raising the ball above your head and fully extending your body.
- Reverse the motion, slamming the ball into the ground directly in front of you as hard as you can.
- Receive the ball with both hands on the bounce and repeat the movement.
Russian Twist with Press
- With a medicine ball sit on the floor with your hips and knees bent 90 degrees.
- Hold the ball straight out in front of you and keep your back straight (your torso should be at about 45 degrees to the floor).
- Explosively twist your torso as far as you can to the left , and then reverse the motion, twisting as far as you can to the right.
- Return to center and then press the ball out away from your torso.
- Start in a Push-Up position with your feet hip-width apart on top of the box; hands on the turf. Keep your abs tight and head neutral.
- Bend your elbows and slowly lower your body toward the floor between the boxes, keeping your abs tight and your back straight.
- When your chest is level or nearly level with the turf, press forcefully back to the starting position, coming to a full extension of your arms.
Advanced? Add a side twist to each Push-Up.
Sets/Reps: 4x Down and Back