Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Studies suggest that a nutritious, fiber-rich breakfast can help people maintain a healthy weight. Plus, a breakfast filled with whole grains, low-fat diary, eggs and fresh fruit and vegetables can help you stay full all morning long.
However, who has time to make a made-from-scratch breakfast every morning? To make those hectic mornings easier, chow down on these make-ahead stuffed breakfast peppers. A protein-packed meal that’s perfect for on-the-go. Make a batch on Sunday and have enough to grab some everyday.
Participating in the #backtoschoolchallenge2015? Make sure to make a batch and post to Facebook or Instagram with our hashtags #becomeyourelite and #backtoschoolchallenge2015 before Sunday!
Paleo Stuffed Breakfast Peppers
- 4 Bell Peppers
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 cup of Egg White
- 1 cup of Bella Mushrooms
- 1 cup of chopped Broccoli
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dice up your vegetables. Substitute as necessary.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix eggs, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and vegetables.
- Cut peppers into equal halves.
- Core peppers to make sure they’re clean enough to add the fillings.
- Pour a quarter of egg/vegetable mixture into each pepper. Add in more vegetables to fill empty space.
- Place on a baking sheet and cook 35 minutes or until eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Refrigerate and reheat for breakfast all week.
Note: This recipe makes 4 servings. Serving is 2 halves.
Fat: 9 grams