Making this recipe is like a magic trick: blend up frozen banana to create ice cream. Sounds too good to be true but if you’re a regular on food blogs, then you’ve no doubt heard about it. Follow the recipe below to see how you can blend up frozen bananas into a healthy ice cream stand-in.
Part of the #backtoschoolchallenge2015? Make sure to create the recipe and post a picture to the Elite Sport & Fitness Facebook page or tag us on Instagram using the hashtags #backtoschoolchallenge2015 and #becomeyourelite by this Sunday, September 13, 2015.
Two-Ingredient Ice Cream
- 2 frozen bananas, sliced (freeze for at least 2 hours, overnight is best)
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Put frozen sliced bananas in a blender.
- Blend for two minutes, scraping the frozen banana off the blender’s sides from time to time.
- Add 1 teaspoons vanilla extract and blend until mixed well.
- The bananas will turn into a consistency similar to frozen custard.
- Scrape into a serving dish and refreeze until solid.
- Add toppings of choice.
Make it your own by adding additional mix-in of your own such as: peanut butter, chocolate chips or other fruits.